The Animals I've Never Seen

Can you tell I'm catching up with all the blogging built up in me the past week? I think this is my 4th post today.

Okay so in one week I have seen 2 'animals' I've never before seen in my life. It was quite an exciting moment for me. Magpies, and a Marmot.

We have tons of magpies that like to hang out on our lawn and fly around waiting for attention. The closest I've ever come to a magpie is a cartoon from when I was a child. I have never seen them in real life. They kind of remind me of a pretty crow. Not because they actually resemble too much of a crow, but the way they hang around when you're outside (especially with food), and how many there are. In Vancouver crows gather, here magpies do.

I finally managed to get some pictures of them. They always move just when I try and get a picture but that's just my luck.

Here's the magpie that actually stood 'still' and let me take his picture.



Then on Saturday we were driving around looking for a park to hang out, hopefully with a beach or some sort of water area, but with the river so high right now most of the beaches were gone. However on our adventures we came along this little guy. First we thought it was a Beaver as we drove by, but once we stopped we got smarter and knew it was a river rat. lol With further research and mocking it's large squirrel like stance we then found it was a  Marmot. Not as scary as a river rat, and definitely in the squirrel family.

Here's the little guy, just hanging out.






People...

Curious of what this girl was offering.

Sure I'll eat some. This is where we laughed thinking it looked like an over sized fat squirrel.


 There you've got it folks. The wildlife I've never seen. :)

Comments

Popular Posts