Just Some Thoughts...

I sit in silence drinking a great cup of coffee, and nibbling on a Cranberry Scone (which is absolutely delicious - recipe and pictures will follow).

Kylun went down for a nap and I am just not motivated to do anything really today, except things that make noise, such as sewing, listening to music, and packing, but the quiet things like folding clothes, sweeping, and some cleaning just don't appeal to me right now. So I find myself drawn to write instead. I didn't come knowing what to write, just to know that it's been a week since my last post and that I have wanted to write all week.

I did some more cooking this week, but really not as much as I anticipated. I planned to make stir fry, but that's still waiting, pizza dough, and then of course pizzas with it (asparagus pizza, and mushroom - which I made last week and was delicious).

I made basic things for meals, like salads, ham and cheese quesadillas, and well 2 nights ago I finally got inspired and made Baked Potato Soup (also pretty good - I'll include the recipe on the blog for you. It scored a 3 1/2 out of 5 but because I forgot the bacon bits - not sure how - but I was told with the bacon bits it would've definitely scored a 5, so I can live with that. I have lots of potato left so I will be making more this week, of course including the actual bacon bits.

We just got back from Kamloops this past long weekend, and it was so good to be away first off, and be able to drive around and check it out as our new home. Where we would grocery shop, where we would go for walks, the little beaches, the coffee shops for endless conversation, writing and inspiration, and of course the beauty that is the Okanagan. I love the Okanagan and Pete and I always said we'd move there in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself, and we are so excited that we can live that out.

I am preparing a little side blog of our adventures there, so be on the look out once we move for updates. I will post a link on the blog so it will be easy to find. I am looking forward to the sunshine, the farmers market (especially since we will be so close to it), the easy and slow paced life. I'm ready to take a sit down and slow down a little.

Well...thats all I've got today.  Just a few words of what's going on in my head. Hope they weren't too boring.

thanks for reading...

Comments

Popular Posts