Baked Potato Soup

So a while back I made potato soup, and it was great. It was more of a cream of potato and had a good bite to it, but I came across this recipe and thought I might share. It was fairly easy and at least on my stove didn't take as long as it said.

A good alternative to a baked potato. Pete doesn't like Baked Potato's and yet he thought this was pretty good. He gave it a 3 1/2 out of 5, but thats because I somehow forgot the bacon bits. He said it would definitely be a 5/5 with them though.

Baked Potato Soup:

Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 40 minutes (although it took me more like 30 min.)

2 tbsp butter or margarine - I used margarine
1/4 cup flour
4 cups milk
2 cups of peeled, diced potato's (the smaller they are the faster it will cook)
4 green onions chopped, and divided in half
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese divided (some for toppings, so about 1/2 cup)
4 slices cooked bacon crumbled (would have to do this first to have it ready or could use ready to use bacon bits)

Melt butter in large pot over low heat; add flour and stir until smooth (mine didn't go completely smooth for some reason). Cook stirring constantly, about 1 minute until thickened and bubbly.

Gradually stir in milk. Stir in potato's, half the green onions, and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 30 minutes or until potato is done.


Stir in 1 cup of cheddar; cook 5 minutes more. If you want you could also add about half the bacon bits at this time to add more flavor.


Serve soup with remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon sprinkled on top. Garnish with some parsley.



Enjoy...

Comments

  1. mmmm. I LOVE baked potato soup. The best. Your finished bowl of soup looks fab. Now I just need to convince my hubby to make some, since I can't. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts