Delicious Cranberry-Orange Scones

Okay, so here's the recipe for the most amazing Cranberry-Orange Scones ever. Pete scored them a 6/5. I did make them because they seemed a scone version of his favorite cake White Chocolate Cranberry Cake, which I did make once but did not turn out perfect. I tried to put the white chocolate drizzle too early after baking because we were late, and did not have a lot of time to take my time with everything. Alas I will try again sometime - maybe his birthday in August?

Anyway, here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy them.

Cranberry-Orange Scones:

This recipe takes about 20 minutes prep and 15 minutes baking.

2 1/5 cups of flour
3 tbsp. orange rind
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup butter or margarine, cut up
1 1/2 cups whipping cream divided (separate 1/4 cup)
3/4 chopped cranberries (I just put whole dried cranberries and it worked well)
2 tbsp of sugar


Combine the flour, orange rind, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a bowl. Cut in margarine or butter until crumbly.

Add 1 1/4 cups of whipping cream and cranberries to flour mix, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; knead 5 times. Then pat dough into 8-inch round. Cut into 8 equal wedges; place on greased baking sheet.
 This is after I mixed everything, patted it down after kneading and then realized....

 ...I somehow missed the cranberries. Wouldn't make a very good Cranberry-Orange scone without them.

So I kneaded them in. My batch definitely got more than 5 kneads. Again I also didn't chop my cranberries, I just put them in whole. Kinda gave them a more homey feel I think.

With separated whipped cream, brush wedges with cream and sprinkle evenly with sugar.

Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. These serve great warm or cooled.

Relax and enjoy with some tea, or coffee.

Let me know how yours turn out...

Comments

Popular Posts