So MANY ideas...

Anyone who knows me, knows I like to dabble in a lot of different types of hobbies. It's wonderful, but it can also be really hard to focus all the time on one thing because I have my mind rolling with ideas, things I'd like to try and projects I need to finish.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about our move to Kamloops (right I may have not mentioned we're moving to Kamloops in June, although we are praying and waiting for a specific start date for Pete's work). I am SO-OOO excited to move to the Thompson River Area and have our own space. I started brain storming what I wanted out of our new place and how I would decorate. I was up till 2 am WIDE-EYED just churning the ideas and figuring out what I want out of our new space. 

My problem sometimes is that I like expensive things when it comes to the look that I want to chase after, but I'm also Miss "DIY" and "I can make that for a fraction of the price & I'll prove it to you" (thats if I get it finished...and don't get distracted with another project). Home projects I find I stay a bit more focused with though.

I started searching sites for ideas and creating options that wouldn't cost much to make and do. My favorite ideas so far are the plans for my sewing, hobby, craft room which will be in black and white with lots of fun contrasting elements and prints. 

I bought myself a beautiful white desk with brass handles from craigslist for my birthday as my gift to myself. The wonderful thing is that the desk unfolds to create a medium sized table - perfect for sewing, cutting fabric, and creating things.

I'm also picking up the ugliest looking ottoman (it has faded floral print and needs some major touch up on the base and legs) tonight which I plan on re upholstering in zebra and painting the base and legs lacquered black. I'm on the prowl for a medium to large inexpensive-free quirky mirror to paint in black or white to combine with the furniture. Something shabby-chic maybe or that has some details around the border.

My hope is to paint some basic details on a white wall and combine with these elements add some printed canvas art work or painted abstract pieces, a chandelier, and a black rug, and maybe some crystal details around the room.

I am so excited and needed to share. Here's some pictures of what I'm going for.






I'll keep you posted once I've found my supplies and get things going.

With that all said, I also have some other ideas churning. I will let you know as I complete them.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my black and white armoire is still up for grabs and would fit with your theme. let me know

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts