Dream Board


Today has been one of those days where the time flies by. Silently, almost as if it doesn't want you to know it was ever there. I thought I had a good start to the day when I woke up at 7am feeling for the first time in days almost like I may have had enough sleep. I thought to myself that it was going to be productive, and a really good day. I quickly ended up trying to nap on Kylun's bedroom floor with Chloe. My energy seemed to diminish as quickly as I had got up. However it's still been a good day, but just more about spending time together, and enjoying being home.

Yesterday, while the husband had to go work for a few hours, I spent some good time putting together a 'future dreams' board, & making a poster of our goals for 2013. We've had lots of conversations in the past month about what we want for this year, changes we want to see in our everyday lives, as well as what we'd love to do one day or have. I took the framed dry erase board idea from Pinterest. That way we can always add to it or take away if need be. Also planning on using it as a tool whenever we have to make life decisions, or financial planning.

Super simple Dream board. Used an old frame with glass still in it. Cut a sheet of paper to fit the size. Doodled a little on the paper. Put into the frame and there you go, done! Now just add your inspirational dreams and place in a spot you will see it daily. :)

Today as I went into our bedroom and saw the frame, and it inspired me knowing we have a goal of where we want to end up one day. It could be next year, or in 30 years, but the point is we have some strong goals to strive for.

This afternoon I was able to get moving on one of my personal goals, which is to read more books. I started a book called "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. What an encouragement. It sort of felt like she was speaking right to me in many of her sentences. It was a great conviction and wonderful reminder of where my focus should be. I've only just started the book, and it was suggested to me by a friend, but already I'll say I think it's going to be a very worth read. It left me thinking about many things. Too many to write or even narrow in on.

We've been putting our Thankfulness Jar to use. Still finding I really need to remember to write things down when they happen so I don't forget the things I'm thankful for. Right now I seem to sit down and write a bunch of things down at once, then mentally accumulate and do the same thing.

Well, that's all for now.

Comments

Popular Posts