Back In The Kitchen

So I've been getting my hands back in the kitchen lately. I felt like I had taken quite a break from kitchen duties and so I've been working on building meal plans, and finding healthier and more cost effective options for us. Thankfully those 2 things so far have been going quite hand in hand.

Yesterday ( and I mean all day as I could barely get anything done) I worked on a meal plan. How I usually do it is I plan full meals from breakfast to dinner for one full week. As long as there is some variety my meal plan will usually last a minimum of 2 weeks (although I have been known to stretch it out for longer), taking into account left over's and the fact that most meals will inspire other meals.

Lately I've been trying to find ways to hide vegetables and fruit into foods so that we can really change up Kylun's diet as well as our own. He doesn't stray very often away from dairy, grains, and bananas and apples. It's hard to get him to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables as well as some meats (unless their in the form of a hot dog).

I found a great site last night while I was looking for some recipes to use up our vegetables from our box (more about that below). I found a great site called Super Healthy Kids, so between that site and the book Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld I managed to make a meal plan that I think will incorporate a lot of our vegetables and fruit in sneaky but hopefully very tasty ways.

So this box thing.

A local farm called Thistle Farm does vegetable and fruit delivery, all local (from within Kamloops or BC), and organic. So we officially got our box this morning bright and early. It was so nice to wake up to see our box (they deliver early) and know what we would be making with all the produce.  I know I sometimes struggle getting in as many vegetables and fruit into my system as I'd like so this was a great way to get organic as well as a set amount on a regular schedule. Nice thing is you're also going to get produce that's in season.

Here's some pictures of what we got this morning.




I will be posting some of my favorite tried recipes in the next couple of weeks.


Comments

Popular Posts