Revving Up...

So this weeks project was to start going through and deep cleaning (and I mean DEEP cleaning) our house. I thought that maybe doing it room by room initially would be the way to go, but soon I found out that I just couldn't focus all my attention on one room and rotate that way. Plus by the time I finished with the house the first room would probably not be up to standard.

So I did what I might regret, but we'll see. I made a plan to basically work on whatever room of the house I was in with Kylun and Chloe throughout the day. For example while Kylun had a shower I would work on clearing out the bathroom drawers. Or while in the kitchen I would focus on a little extra cleaning by sorting out a shelf of a cupboard. First couple of days it felt GOOD. Now I am a little overwhelmed by all the craziness it seems I've made in my house with pulling things out, sorting, throwing away, donate piles, etc...

Overwhelmed in a good way. In the way that says someday (hopefully soon) I will have my house in the shape I want, or at least close.

However I have also made a plan for those days I feel overwhelmed by the chaos in my home to resort to a list I made of each day of the week. Each day gets a room or area of the house. On those days where I just don't know where to start I go to that room or area and tackle something there. That way I always have something to do to keep my focus.

Our weekend/next weeks project to keep me motivated will be to start painting the house. The walls desperately need it, and I'm tired of the butter yellow color in my living room (yellow is not my favorite color, and definitely not all over my walls). It's inspiring to me to think of newly painted walls. Sort of like a blank canvas to make matching throw pillows, curtains for our dining room, and make our place feel a little warmer and more welcoming.

I'm super excited, although I know it will be the craziness of the challenge of getting it all done with tiny hands  and feet running around. But that's what evenings are for.One room or wall at a time.

So this is my beginning of my year trying to get things moving in the right direction on the home front. More to come.




Comments

Popular Posts