The State of Fear

Let's just say this past weekend I was faced with some personal fears which I would've rather not have had to face. However God has definitely used this opportunity to show me areas of my life which needed to be addressed. I had actually thought I had dealt with many of them, but obviously there was some underlying elements that were still prominent and never surfaced enough to show me how bad my fears were in this one area.

God has a way of preparing me for moments in my life, and truly showing me His ultimate and amazingly orchestrated plan, even when I struggle to follow Him the way I should, or when I push Him to the side out of the way so I can be in control. Something I've been struggling with more lately.

This past week I have read and re read Psalm 91. I had no idea that through reading this I would later be encouraged and reminded of how He has a way of encouraging and pushing us in his own way, and protecting us, even through our fears. Specially designed and perfectly planned for me.

I actually came across Psalm 91 earlier this week during a moment of fear. I prayed and asked God to just open the Bible to what I needed. Well Psalm 91 is was and what a wonderful passage to have read.

I hope if you struggle with any fears of your own. that this passage encourages you. Here is Psalm 91 (NLT).


Psalm 91

 1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
      will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

 2 This I declare about the Lord:
   He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
      he is my God, and I trust him.
 3 For he will rescue you from every trap
      and protect you from deadly disease.
 4 He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
 5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
      nor the arrow that flies in the day.
 6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
      nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
 7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
      though ten thousand are dying around you,
      these evils will not touch you.
 8 Just open your eyes,
      and see how the wicked are punished.

 9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
 11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
 12 They will hold you up with their hands
      so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
 13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
      you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

 14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
      I will protect those who trust in my name.
 15 When they call on me, I will answer;
      I will be with them in trouble.
      I will rescue and honor them.
 16 I will reward them with a long life
      and give them my salvation.”


Comments

  1. Psalm 91 is a chapter I call my 9-1-1 chapter. It too has been layed on my heart over the last few weeks. LOve you friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this, Liz. I so needed to hear it! The whole chapter is so encouraging and reassuring, but the first sentence really just washed over me like a breath of fresh air: "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts