Thrift Store Extravaganza

What fun. Today I went thrift store shopping at our local Value Village. It was fantastic. First off everything was 50% off so that was just wonderful, and Kylun was content for most of the trip (he got his shots today and has been on and off all day because of them).

I regret now not looking for much clothing for myself, but I found some great cute clothes for Kylun and a book, and my niece. I really can't wait to have a girl - we have to have a girl. There are so many cute and wonderful things to put on little girls.

I enjoyed shopping for my niece anyway since she needed a bunch of things and I could be there to help find them. I found some of the sweetest tops (2 of which had tags still attached - one from the Gap, and one from a local designer) Super cute and exciting. I also found a few shorts (also one brand new with all the tags), and a few pants. Different colors and one which is like a fun plaid printed pant and a cute H&M casual pant with elasticized hem and elastic waist band (the nice kind).

I did buy myself 2 little figurines to paint for my black and white room. One is a old perfume bottle actually with a bird top on it, but I'm going to glue the top right on and fill with sand to keep it heavy, and spray it white, and then I bought a cool wooden bird with an extra long tail. I wanted to paint it black but I feel a little sorry for it as it's such nice wood. Like I shouldn't wreck it, but we'll see. The wood is a black brown shade so maybe I could just leave it and it will work.

I also bought a fun printed old book. I don't know what it's about, however the outside cover has a great vintage look to it and fun blue print. One last stop before I walked out was  the jewelery department where I spied a great all white chain necklace with a white heart at the end. I'm getting crazy about all this white lately eh?

Well that was my day. I came home and Kylun again started fussing and so I gave him some Advil to help with the pain of the shot he got today and had a relaxing evening getting him ready for bed. I love my boy so much and today I loved him a little more. He is absolutely wonderful and could not imagine my life without him .
Did any of you do some fun thrift store shopping today at VV's great 50% off sale?

Comments

Popular Posts